Monday, May 30, 2011

You should try this one .......

On Saturday night we (the happy couple and two friends) had a great dinner out at "Time to Vino" that has recently moved from Surry Hills to Potts Point. After eating what I rate as one of my favorite gnocchi dishes - I have the scoop for you.  
     While we were there I spoke to our waiter who was happy to chat about the move to Potts Point and about their head chef. Scott Mason has cooked at some of the best in Sydney with the likes of Bistro Moncur, Level 41, Rockpool and a short stint at Bianco on his dial.

More about what we ate:  10 Hour Roast Rump steak served with crispy dutch creme potatoes and merchant sauce - amazing beyond delicious. Also: Ricotta gnocchi, roast green olives, zucchini, sage and tomato sugo  - ditto!
We drank:  a 2010 Goaty Hill Pinot Noir (Tamar Valley, TAS)

After our awsome food and dinner chatter I find out that our friend who is having dinner with us is off to El Bulli - Spain next month for one of the final meals that will be prepared by Ferran Adria and his team under the El Bulli banner before it is converted into a food institute. How do I deal with this information. Green with envy!

Needless to say in the next few minutes I try hard to work on an angle that could get myself included and invited to this fine occasion. However regardless of the fact that I may unlikely qualify for the opportunity to be a part of the three luckly people in the party (now in my dreams perhaps four) we workout that it will cost me no less than $4000 to go there have dinner and return to Australia. And that does not include any duty free shopping.  Perhaps another time and another place.
A girl can still dream....................................yes,.........! :) 

(02) 9380 4252
2-14 Kings Cross Road
Potts Point
info@timetovino.com

mailto:www.friendsinthekitchen@facebook.com

No comments:

Post a Comment